In the search for experimental awareness for Hita, we have gathered few resources.
- Nice resource is TELUGU ACADEMY’s LAB MANUAL priced @ Rs 45
- My friend also pitched in with some instruments like screw gauge, vernier calipers.
- KVN Pratap Reddy has shown resistor,diode,capacitor,transistor,multimeter etc.
- We have visited one branch of our college and gained some understanding for half a day doing expts.
- There are CDs also though Hita had not watched them till now.
Olympiads in various fields of education are gaining popularity. Some of the most popular are International Maths Olympiad, International Physics Olympiad. Others are IChO,APhO,IEO,IOAA,IOA,IJSO,IOI etc.
- Some of the very good points noted by IISc regarding Olympiads in India
- Junior Olympiads need to be conducted at the level of Class 9 to enable a olympiad culture at school level and forming an input base.
- Rewards for Olympiad level participants need to be enhanced.
- Good Syllabi at 10+2 level and IITJEE prep helps a lot for Indian Students in Olympiads.
- Training at Zonal level especially experimental skills needed and should done round the year.
We started tests for prep towards NSEP as time is short and prep can never be enough from books like Sardana, HC Verma, Abhay Kumar Singh, Irodov.
- I would like Hita to take all previous QPs of NSEP.
- I have collection from 2000 to 2013.
- we will be doing 3-4 qps per day ,checking their answers, identifying gaps,related areas,drilling on weaknesses,getting reviewed by DORA wherever his intervention will be useful,studying related explanation from text books like HC Verma, Resnick and Halliday would strengthen Hita’s intution in Physics hopefully.
- Hoping to understand the examiner’s mind by practicing as many questions as possible.
- we want to emphasise on Modern Physics, Semiconductor Devices, AC Circuits,Units & Dimensions, Errors, Experimental Skills as Hita felt some gaps here.
- My friend and classmate KVN Pratap Reddy may help me here as he is an expert in Electronics and would be able to demonstrate practically many aspects of Diodes, Transistors, Logic Gates.
Some of the gaps I want to cover in Gangineni Hita’s prep for Physics Olympiad are
- Experimental Skills
- Stonger intution into Kinematics
I will devise ways of achieving this with the help of my friends and laboratory facilities at colleges in her journey towards INPHO!