From my viewpoint of a parent trying to train my daughter for IIT JEE, I would like to list out my impressions.
- Awareness of JEE prep has increased tremendously in AP and Telengana.
- Catch them young type of attitude and fierce competition among educational institutions help foster this spirit.
- Parents involvement in learning and encouragement aids students.
- Educated parents should involve minutely in their wards prep. This is what I noticed.
- I am lucky that I had inclination for physics and her mother a PhD in Chemistry.
- Availability of materials had increased exponentially.
- For physics i found a structured way of solving NCERT, HC Verma, GC Agrawal, Sardana and occasional problems from Irodov and Abhay Kumar Singh is an ideal one.
- I had an edge here because of Dora and having started from 10th her physics prep.
We plan to concentrate on Heat & Thermodynamics for this week .
- This is the present topic in her college.
- We will start with HC Verma and add Sardana, IRODOV and Abhay Kumar Singh as we move forward.
- Hope to review with Dora on this topic by Sunday if not on Sat .
- Heat is an essential topic and relatively straight questions are available in competitive exams.
- I would like Hita to increase the practice hours/output to gain quickness in recognising situations and accuracy.
- Maybe I will supply her with more DPPs, QPs and assignments on Heat & Thermodynamics this week to steel her from surprises.
- Relatively weak areas need to be identified for ex from NSEP exam we would like to increase focus on Optics, Current Electricity, Experimental/Theoretical Physics, SemiConductor Devices.
My daughter has written NSEP on 24 Nov 2013. She feels it’s tougher than previous years papers.
See here for solutions to nsep 2013 paper here