From my viewpoint of a parent trying to train my daughter for IIT JEE, I would like to list out my impressions.
- Awareness of JEE prep has increased tremendously in AP and Telengana.
- Catch them young type of attitude and fierce competition among educational institutions help foster this spirit.
- Parents involvement in learning and encouragement aids students.
- Educated parents should involve minutely in their wards prep. This is what I noticed.
- I am lucky that I had inclination for physics and her mother a PhD in Chemistry.
- Availability of materials had increased exponentially.
- For physics i found a structured way of solving NCERT, HC Verma, GC Agrawal, Sardana and occasional problems from Irodov and Abhay Kumar Singh is an ideal one.
- I had an edge here because of Dora and having started from 10th her physics prep.
Gangineni Hita has started Geometrical Optics in her IIT Academy. Apparently there is good variety of problems here.
- Dora says he is also uncomfortable in the initial stages, but Hita is content with his grace.
- She admires HC Verma – Concepts of Physics – Vol 1 and its problems in optics.
- We will progress to Co-IPL material, Abhay Kumar Singh,Rahul Sardana and prev.IIT qps.
- I suppose Hita needs to build more clarity with ray diagrams and sign convention.
- I would force Hita to do some expts in Optics so that she gets a feel of concepts.
I would like to follow Hita in her prep towards IIT JEE in Physics since I had a fascination towards it from my college days.
- Maybe I will summarise what Dora told her in the form of capsules in this blog.
- I will try to scan those pages.
- Maybe it will fructify into a book by the time Hita finishes her IIT JEE exam ( 2016 June).
- For another ten days i would concentrate on Heat & Thermodynamics.
- I will begin @ the beginning i.e NCERT and go towards HC Verma, Sardana, Abhay Kumar Singh.