In trying to solve dpps in current electricity
- The use of superposition theorem greatly helps.
- one important thing in applying it is to keep the internal resistance when shorting the battery.
- Other useful concept is Node method in analysing the circuits.
- These two concepts greatly simplify as an alternative to elaborate Kirchoff’s laws.
Problems in Physics by I E Irodov is a celebrated book in Physics.
- It contains problems with multiple concepts.
- Different versions of solutions are available but I would prefer Abhay Kumar Singh’s solutions by Wiley
- Good collection of electrical circuit problems and discussion by Jaan Kalda here
We are starting current electricity from today in my daughters prep.
- Current Electricity questions seem to be relatively straight forward compared to Mechanics.
- This week focus is on Kirchhoff’s Laws- Wheat Stone bridge, Conversion of MCG to Ammeter and Voltmeter, Meter Bridge,Potentiometer.
- We are focusing on problems from Irodov,AK Singh as they will give solid foundation for the thinking process.
- We would start with HC Verma, question banks from Deepti and Telugu academy will be done.
Hita is starting Sr.CO-IPL from today in her quest for IIT-JEE.
- I would like to support her in physics prep.
- I am a physics enthusiast and that helps. With Dora’s top class guidance hope she can do wonders.
- We would be intensely preparing Electrodynamics with IRODOV and A K Singh
- If the copy right and authors permit, I would be posting some discussion on AK Singh’s questions as Dora would discuss with Hita.
- Irodov’s solutions are already available from Wiley authored by AK Singh.