Hita is preparing for this topic in her IIT-JEE Coaching center.
- This topic is in the mains syllabi only. Not there for JEE Advanced.
- So there is a tendency to go light on part of students and institutes.
- However myself having studied BTech (ECE) helps and Hita is forcing me to recollect all basics.
- since simple ckts are tested here we have followed NCERT, HC Verma, GC Agrawal.
- HC Verma has interesting problem no.28 on diode ckts. good combo of ckt theory and diode biasing.
- GC Agrawal has good collection of questions MCQs and Integer type.
- However this carries weightage in NSEP & Olympiads.
- I have collected simple problems from GATE material, Prev Question Papers which are highly relevant.
- Particularly Zener Diode operation as a voltage regulator is interesting and Hita had adequate practice I hope.
- Logic gates though simple has a chance committing silly mistakes.
- Two terminal diode operation is straight forward though understanding 3-terminal transistor requires a bit of effort.
- n-p-n Si transistor in CE configuration is only required in the syllabus.
I post here updated key . We couldnt find key to around 10 questions including 7 on Potentiometer.
NSEP 2014-15 surprised many students including Gangineni Hita.
- IAPT removed the Part 2 subjective questions.
- Increased the no of objective questions to Seventy from around 35.
- Involves lot of calculations rather than generalized form.
- Touched many experimental aspects like IPhO Model.
- I surmise the popularity of NSEP is increasing and places lot of challenge on question paper setters.
- 7 questions on potentiometer surprised me as students from AP may not have emphasised these topics.
I convey my best wishes to all Physics enthusiasts there taking the NSEP test today during 9.30-11.30 am.
- This is the first step to IPho.
- If nothing else this will greatly help them in consolidating their physics skills.
- From tomorrow I would start focussing on INPhO- 2015.
- Lot of resources useful for problem solving are found here
- IPhO 2015 to be held in Mumbai, may be if the stars align I will be present there along with Dora.
Ì would like to list out the reference books Gangineni Hita followed for NSEP Prep.
- NCERT Vol 1& 2
- NSEP Prev.QP – IAPT Publications
- Physics Olympiad problems – MTG Publications
- 36 years prev.iit qp- DC Pandey
- Problems in Physics – Abhay Kumar Singh
- IE Irodov- Solutions – 4th edition by AK Singh- Wiley Maestro Publications
- Telugu Academy – Question Bank- Vol 1&2
- Concepts of Physics – HC Verma- Vol 1& 2
- Advanced JEE Physics – Different Volumes- Rahul Sardana
Only a day left for the much awaited NSEP for Hita.
- Today we have tried to review all the questions we had with Dora for 2 hrs.
- Hita is in 10+1 where as the syllabi covers total Inter. We have prepared our level best in 10+2 topics like Electricity & Magnetism, Optics, Modern Physics.
- Right now we are reviewing some topics like Units & Dimensions, Physical World, Errors, Semiconductors which are on the periphery.
- Enrollments in NSEP for this year may have crossed 50K , I suppose.
- Dora motivated Hita about quickness,accuracy and need for neatness in Diagrams etc. Hita is all ears.
Hita is continuing her quest for NSEP 2014. We have done question papers of NSEP 2000-2014, IITJEE 1997-2014.
- Hita identified some problems where she would like a clarification/opinion from DORA.
- We are also marking questions from 35 years prev qps in Physics by DC Pandey. Probably we will go to Dora on Friday.
- Solving questions from prev.papers of NSEP,IITJEE would help Hita calibrate her skills and hone her conceptual understanding.
- I would like her ideally to start IRODOV and A K Singh after her NSEP exam.
- Maybe conceptual questions from HCVerma, Resnick & Halliday , NCERT books also need a thorough review by Hita.