From my viewpoint of a parent trying to train my daughter for IIT JEE, I would like to list out my impressions.
- Awareness of JEE prep has increased tremendously in AP and Telengana.
- Catch them young type of attitude and fierce competition among educational institutions help foster this spirit.
- Parents involvement in learning and encouragement aids students.
- Educated parents should involve minutely in their wards prep. This is what I noticed.
- I am lucky that I had inclination for physics and her mother a PhD in Chemistry.
- Availability of materials had increased exponentially.
- For physics i found a structured way of solving NCERT, HC Verma, GC Agrawal, Sardana and occasional problems from Irodov and Abhay Kumar Singh is an ideal one.
- I had an edge here because of Dora and having started from 10th her physics prep.
I would like to review some popular books for JEE Physics
Resnick & Halliday is a renowned book for Physics. It has been studied by students in India for decades. earlier students used one version that is Physics part 1 &2 still my favorite with a red and black cover.
- There are a variety of different versions of Resnick & Halliday including Fundamentals of Physics, Principles of physics and editions co-authored with Jearl Walker, Krane etc.
- There is an adapted version of RHW for IIT JEE by Bansal authors Amit Gupta and Manish Singhal.
Hita is studying Magnetostatics.
- HCV is a starting point as it clears the basics
- We have practiced from Resnick,Halliday adopted edition by Manish Singhal
- DD Mukherjee of Bharati Bhavan
- Co-IPL material
- DPPs of Chaina Academy
In trying to solve dpps in current electricity
- The use of superposition theorem greatly helps.
- one important thing in applying it is to keep the internal resistance when shorting the battery.
- Other useful concept is Node method in analysing the circuits.
- These two concepts greatly simplify as an alternative to elaborate Kirchoff’s laws.
Problems in Physics by I E Irodov is a celebrated book in Physics.
- It contains problems with multiple concepts.
- Different versions of solutions are available but I would prefer Abhay Kumar Singh’s solutions by Wiley
- Good collection of electrical circuit problems and discussion by Jaan Kalda here
We are starting current electricity from today in my daughters prep.
- Current Electricity questions seem to be relatively straight forward compared to Mechanics.
- This week focus is on Kirchhoff’s Laws- Wheat Stone bridge, Conversion of MCG to Ammeter and Voltmeter, Meter Bridge,Potentiometer.
- We are focusing on problems from Irodov,AK Singh as they will give solid foundation for the thinking process.
- We would start with HC Verma, question banks from Deepti and Telugu academy will be done.
Hita is starting Sr.CO-IPL from today in her quest for IIT-JEE.
- I would like to support her in physics prep.
- I am a physics enthusiast and that helps. With Dora’s top class guidance hope she can do wonders.
- We would be intensely preparing Electrodynamics with IRODOV and A K Singh
- If the copy right and authors permit, I would be posting some discussion on AK Singh’s questions as Dora would discuss with Hita.
- Irodov’s solutions are already available from Wiley authored by AK Singh.