In trying to solve dpps in current electricity
- The use of superposition theorem greatly helps.
- one important thing in applying it is to keep the internal resistance when shorting the battery.
- Other useful concept is Node method in analysing the circuits.
- These two concepts greatly simplify as an alternative to elaborate Kirchoff’s laws.
Problems in Physics by I E Irodov is a celebrated book in Physics.
- It contains problems with multiple concepts.
- Different versions of solutions are available but I would prefer Abhay Kumar Singh’s solutions by Wiley
- Good collection of electrical circuit problems and discussion by Jaan Kalda here
We are starting current electricity from today in my daughters prep.
- Current Electricity questions seem to be relatively straight forward compared to Mechanics.
- This week focus is on Kirchhoff’s Laws- Wheat Stone bridge, Conversion of MCG to Ammeter and Voltmeter, Meter Bridge,Potentiometer.
- We are focusing on problems from Irodov,AK Singh as they will give solid foundation for the thinking process.
- We would start with HC Verma, question banks from Deepti and Telugu academy will be done.
Hita is starting Sr.CO-IPL from today in her quest for IIT-JEE.
- I would like to support her in physics prep.
- I am a physics enthusiast and that helps. With Dora’s top class guidance hope she can do wonders.
- We would be intensely preparing Electrodynamics with IRODOV and A K Singh
- If the copy right and authors permit, I would be posting some discussion on AK Singh’s questions as Dora would discuss with Hita.
- Irodov’s solutions are already available from Wiley authored by AK Singh.
Hita has started wave optics in her IIT Academy. We hope to achieve some hard practice by the end of this week. Some of the materials we have gathered are
- Telugu academy question bank
- Deepthi Eamcet vol 2
- Rahul Sardana on Optics
- Resnick & Halliday for IIT-JEE
- A K Singh
- GC Agrawal
- CO-IPL Material
- DPPs and Q.P s of IIT Academy
This will keep Hita sufficiently occupied and DORA is always available for clarifications.
Focus this week is on lenses and optical instruments for Hita. Though Geometrical Optics is treated as one unit by Dora, I think we have to adjust to this micro level treatment of concept building by her China IIT Academy.
Maybe we have prioritised and trying to do in the following order.
1. HC Verma intensive practice
2. Telugu academy question bank
4.DPPs and qp s of IIT Academy
5. AK Singh problems review
G. Hita I think will work on Total Internal reflection, refraction and prism this week.
Hope to find variety of problems in these areas also.
Though i am a bit taken back by her score in NSEP 2015.
Maybe I have to extract more o/p from her assignments.
we will try to do expts in this area with help of her mother.
IAPT releases list of students above MAS here
Eagerly waiting for NSEP results. hita is expecting around 120. Though she is in 10 +1.
Lets see when iapt releases results http://www.iapt.org.in .
Gangineni Hita has started Geometrical Optics in her IIT Academy. Apparently there is good variety of problems here.
- Dora says he is also uncomfortable in the initial stages, but Hita is content with his grace.
- She admires HC Verma – Concepts of Physics – Vol 1 and its problems in optics.
- We will progress to Co-IPL material, Abhay Kumar Singh,Rahul Sardana and prev.IIT qps.
- I suppose Hita needs to build more clarity with ray diagrams and sign convention.
- I would force Hita to do some expts in Optics so that she gets a feel of concepts.