I always liked Problems in Physics by AK Singh so much that I had multiple copies and gifted one to my Dora who mentors Physics for Hita.
- AKS treatment of physics is crisp and mathemetical.
- I liked his alternate approaches to solving problems.
- He emphasises physical intuttion rather than mathematical jugglery.
- I look forward to a theory book on physics by AKS as announced in wiley India website. Also awaiting the second edition of Irodov’s solutions.
The race for NSEP 2014 has begun.
- Hita Gangineni enrolled for NSEP 2014 from Narayana IIT Academy.
- She is very keen and started preparing earnestly from today although she took a break to visit Sujana mall along with her friends and class mates.
- Started with physical optics from Rahul Sardana her favorite book ( one of the books!)
- Hope to cover much distance in these Dasara holidays upto 5 th oct if her mood is ok !
- We plan to start from HC Verma and Sardana and graduate to Abhay Kumar Singh.
- Last year she put good effort but couldnt get through NSEP.
- We would like to concentrate on Sr Inter topics like Optics, Electricity and Magnetism, Modern physics.
New edition is launched. Just got it. Very crisp and complete.
One of the books for problems I very much like is Abhay Kumar Singh’s Problems in Physics. Though it is out of stock and may not be popular now as it is in subjective jee days,it contains very nice problems.
Of course she has the previlege of being mentored by a heavy duty person like my friend who would easily be in the top three in Hyderabad in the arena of JEE Physics.
I am fortunate enough to be guided by Dr P Narayana sir who considers students as his family members and showers unconditional affection on the people whom he comes across.
My daughter has written NSEP on 24 Nov 2013. She feels it’s tougher than previous years papers.
See here for solutions to nsep 2013 paper here